Teacher Day Cake
Want to really make a teacher feel special? Try this easy Teachers Day Cake that can be shared with the whole class.
Each year people all around the world take the time to say thank you to all the amazing teachers in their lives on Teachers Day.
We all know teachers that have made a difference in our lives but they sometimes don’t realize how grateful we are to them!
Why not say thank you this Teachers Day in a fun and unique way?
Teachers day cakes are something a little different from the usual teachers gifts . The time and thought behind this cake is sure to make your teacher feel like you appreciate them.
When we were trying to come up with teachers day cake ideas we knew that we needed to have an apple theme!
We also really wanted to have cupcakes for teachers to share with their class or other teachers in the staff room. Because sharing is all part of the fun, right?
So here is our apple teacher day cake! We hope you enjoy creating this fun and easy pull apart cupcake cake.
Teachers Day Cupcakes
Apple Pull Apart Cupcake Cake
- 3 cups Flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 4 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Salt
- 2 lbs Powdered Sugar
- 2 sticks Butter (1 cup)
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese
- 1 stick Shortening (½ cup)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Dark Brown Gel Food Dye
- 2 tbsp Red Gel Food Dye
- 1 tsp Green Gel Food Dye
How To Make Teacher Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill each cavity of a cupcake pan with a liner.
- In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar. Then add in the butter and beat again.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients, beat until thoroughly combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner about ⅔ of the way full. Bake for 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
How To Make Cupcake Frosting
- Cream together the butter, shortening, and cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the powdered sugar a couple cups at a time until thoroughly combined.
How To Assemble Teachers Day Cake
- Once the cupcakes have cooled completely, assemble them in rows on a cake board or transportable hard, flat surface as follows: 1st row - 1 cupcake2nd row - 3 cupcakes3rd row - 4 cupcakes4th row - 5 cupcakes5th row - 4 cupcakes6th row - 3 cupcakes
- Add two cupcakes going sideways off the corner of the stem.
- Place about 6-8 ounces of frosting in a separate bowl and add the green dye. Mix well. Frost the two extra cupcakes you put off the bottom corner of the stem.
- Put about 6-8 ounces of the frosting in another bowl, and add the brown food dye. Mix well. Use this brown frosting to frost the very top cupcake and the one directly underneath it to make the stem.
- Frost all the other lined up cupcakes red and you’re all set!
Is there a special teacher you want to celebrate with on Teachers Day? We love hearing how teachers have made a difference so be sure to share with us in the comments below.
PIN FOR LATER!
More Teachers Day Ideas